Sunday, December 12, 2010

Four sons

It is always sad to find children's graves next to the parents without knowing much about them. Were they the only ones born to the family. Why did they die so young.

I recently located the Ware - Green Cemetery in Montgomery, Alabama and it held several relatives place of rest. There were four sons born to Joseph Anthony Green and Margaret Boutwell Taliaferro between 1820 and 1840 who died young and were buried in the plot that would eventually hold their parents.

Benjamin Taliaferro Green was born in 1821 and died in 1831. Brother Thornton Green was born in 1836 and died in 1838. Francis Benjamin Green was born in 1839. They reused the name Benjamin after the first one died but this one died young also in 1847. A brother who was never named was born and died in January 1840.

I'm not sure exactly how Joseph Anthony Green and I are related. I found him via a dna test that proved we share a common ancestor. I think I know who that is but don't have proof yet. In the mean time I have been getting to know a couple of the relatives on his side of the family tree.

No comments: