Friday, September 13, 2013

Good news again

I wrote a story a while back about trying to find the birth mother for one of my cousins. This is one of the few times when I don't name names.

About a month ago she gave me some new information about the father. This changed the location of where to search for him and some leads about where his extended family was living in 1960.

Fast forward to searching online family trees, Census, city directories, telephone listings, Facebook friends and a few Google searches and I was able to locate him in a Northwestern State.

Unfortunately the father passed away a few years ago but now there are three new sisters for my cousin to meet and get to know. There is also an 81 year old aunt in the City of Brotherly Love who can meet her new niece.

Even if the family connections don't work out, it gives my cousin some answers and helps her know something about her birth family.

It also gave me a break from searching for dead relatives and I was able to find and talk to some who are still breathing.

No comments: