Sunday, July 12, 2009

A pack of Wilsons

I've been trying to figure out where my ancestor Moses Wilson came from for several years. I've visited rural cemeteries in Alabama and Florida running down leads. I was thinking his father was the John Wilson I found in rural Montgomery County Alabama but now I'm not so sure.





Moses was born about 1810 in North Carolina and moved to Alabama around 1830 and then Florida around 1860. He had two wives and 25 children.



There were always other Wilsons living around him on census and land records, who may have been related but so far every lead has been DOA. Recently I came across Ron Head, a Wilson researcher who had taken every Wilson in Montgomery County Alabama from 1820 to 1870 and mapped where they lived.
He took the records and put them onto current maps and sprinkled in the meager will and estate records from the area.





His research has been the best lead yet and may turn out to be something that will prove for certain the parents and heritage of Moses.

No comments: